Friday, December 19, 2014

Final refelection essay

This semester working on this project, the biggest struggle has been trying to get all of the group members in the same place and when we are all together, staying on topic enough to get everything that we need to get done, done. The truth is, it was a fun project but something I think could have been done in a smaller group. The biggest thing in my project that I am proud of is all of the things that I edited by myself. I am not the best person when it comes to anything to do with technology so for me to do the last half of the video almost entirely by myself that was a great moment for me. But the part of the documentary that I would change, if I could, would be getting more film on Gaby and Logan as they worked out. Also if I had more time I would follow them around as they grew and learned throughout the year. The parts of the projects that I was responsible for was the last half of the editing, I was the one to interview both Logan and Gaby, and also did some of the shooting for the different shots in the documentary. The group atmosphere I felt was very good, I personally tried to keep the group on task at times it worked and others not as much as I would like it to have. I think to help my group I would have tried to get the group together more. I do believe that I contributed a fair amount to the overall project.

 The readings and films that I watched over the course of the semester did make me think a little differently, like in the Naked Celebrity Leaks and Born into Coal made me see other people's view points that I did not see before. My project in particular did not make me think any differently about the campus, because bodybuilding can be talked about on any level throughout the country, also I have been around bodybuilders for a long time so I don't see them differently especially on campus.

My public speaking this year, I think got better. I had to do many different interviews and talk in front of people a few times and this class helped. I did enjoy learning about the different ways  of communication but by the end of the year it did take up a lot more of my time and an essay would have been quicker and less stressful. Plus it wouldn't involve a group. I think if the documentary was shorter than it would have been more enjoyable as a whole, but I did love doing the project. I think the way you taught the class was easy to learn from, the discussion were my favorite and it was a disappointment not to be able to do those by the end of the semester. I think by adding more discussions that would improve the class, but adding controversial issues. The discussions were better when there was someone on each side of the topic and there was something that could be really discussed and not giving straight forward opinions. Also I think if you do two different articles on the same subject it would be a great way to compare the writing styles. The class in general was enjoyable but if I were to change something I would change the length of the documentary and do a partner or 3 person group and no more than that, because its easy to get 3 people together but it is very hard to get more than that together at the same time and stay focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment